What is Translated?
Translated is a professional translation and localization service provider. We have been offering human translation services for the last 20 years to our 133,860 clients, in 150 languages and 40 areas of expertise.
What makes you different from other providers?
We use a powerful combination of human creativity and machine intelligence to craft consistent quality translations at speed. In other words, we select the translators we work with from a pool of 183,870 professional freelancers worldwide, with the help of T‑Rank™, and we constantly optimize our production processes to put our Project Managers in the conditions of working at their best, concentrating on the tasks that really bring value to the final output of your projects, such as quality assurance.
How do I count the words in my document?
You have a few options:
- You can upload the file on our instant quote panel, which will automatically count the words for you.
- Type an estimate wordcount manually in the same panel, considering that a full A4 page normally contains about 250 words.
- Send us the files via the contact form or via email.
Note that if you insert an estimate wordcount and confirm the order, the project manager will contact you before starting the project in case the wordcount is sensibly different from what you indicated (either lower or higher).
What can you translate?
We can translate any file format, and you can upload your files via instant quote panel.
Also, for Web and software files, we know that every single tag is essential for your applications to work correctly. Therefore, we do not make these tags accessible to our translators, ensuring that your code is correctly preserved.
The formats we translate include:
|Word||Quark Xpress||HTML/XHTML||C, C++, C# and Java|
||PHP, JSP, ASP, ASPX||Perl, Python|
|Open Office||InDesign||User-defined XML||User-defined XML|
|Plain Text||Photoshop||MySQL, Postgres, Oracle|
|Autocad||Access, SQL Server, DB2|
If you have complex needs and you prefer to discuss your project personally, just get in touch, and we will be glad to find the perfect solution for you.
Can you translate my website?
Certainly. We can even work directly in the source code of your website. Upon request, we can also upload your files directly to the Web, ready for browsing. For more information you can consult our page on website translations.
Do you work with companies or private individuals?
The majority of our requests come from companies, but we also often work with private individuals and are happy to help them with their translation needs.
What is the difference between Premium and Professional?
The “Professional” option (our best-selling service) includes translation by a professional native translator and a quality evaluation by a second native translator which consists of reading a sample of the translation (not the full text) and giving written feedback about the quality to the dedicated project manager. The “Premium” option includes translation by a professional native translator and a full revision (100%) by a second native translator. We recommend choosing “Premium” for publication purposes.
Is it possible to maintain the page layout?
We guarantee to maintain the document's original layout for all editable file formats (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, InDesign, editable PDFs, Web and software formats, etc.). In these cases, we work on the original document by overwriting the text without changing the style or format. Instead, for non-editable files, such as images and scanned PDFs, we can maintain the layout by adding a DTP service, for an extra cost of about USD 6 per page.
Are your translations certified?
We offer the option to add a Certificate of Translation Accuracy (see example here) to your order. This certificate attests that the translation was carried out by a professional native translator to the best of his/her ability. Certified translations have an additional cost of €15.00 (or 3% of the total price for orders over €500). Please note that this certification is not the same as a sworn translation service, i.e. a translation done by an officially appointed (sworn) translator. If you are interested in sworn translation services, please visit this page.
How do I order a certified translation?
You can request a Certificate of Translation Accuracy by adding a note during the final stage of your online order (“Notes for the translator”), or by simply asking our team when contacting us.
Is my project manager the translator of my document(s)?
No. Your project manager is there to assist you with your project. He/she prepares, supervises, and manages all the processes related to your project, from kick-off through to delivery and billing. He/she does not translate documents, but is responsible for the final check and makes sure that your project is always delivered on time.
Who are the translators, then?
We choose the translator for your project from a team of 183,870 professional native freelancers. With the help of a proprietary technology called T‑Rank™, we can identify the best translator for your project based on his/her expertise and performances, his/her area of expertise, the content and format of your document, and other 30 factors.
How much does a translation cost?
Prices vary based on the length, difficulty, and format of your texts. To give an idea, our average price to date has been around 0.11 USD per source word (around 25 USD per standard page). For more information you can consult our page on translation rates.
How do I get a free quote?
You have a few options:
- You can upload the file on our instant quote panel, which will automatically count the words for you and show you the prices for our three different service levels (Premium, Professional and Economy).
- You can send us the files via the contact form or via email, and our Account Manager will get back to you within a couple of hours with a quote.
Why do I get different prices depending on when I ask for an instant quote?
This is because our prices vary according to the availability of our translators in real-time. We use an system (called T-Rank) that identifies the best-qualified translator based on 30 factors, including immediate availability. As our translators’ availability changes, and since each translator sets his/her own rate, the prices on our website are subject to a certain flexibility.
Is there a minimum order size?
There is no minimum order size. However, if you order a translation of fewer than 100 words, we will apply the price of a 100-word translation to cover our production costs. In other words, translating 1 to 99 words will always cost you as you were translating 100 words.
Do your prices include VAT?
The prices displayed on our quotes do not include value added tax (VAT). VAT will be applied to the final invoices under the current VAT rates in each country for:
- Private clients residing in the European Union
- EU-based companies which do not have a VAT number
- All Italian individuals and businesses
Delivery Dates and Turnaround Time
How many words can you translate per day?
Our non-rush turnarounds are aproximately as follows:
- up to 500 words - 6 hours
- 1,000 to 2,000 words - 36 hours
- over 2,000 words - 1,500 words per day
These are purely indicative and are intended for regular, non-rush jobs. Upon request, we can offer up to 300,000 words per day in most language combinations. If you need such turnarounds, just contact us, and our Account Manager will find the right solution for you.
When do I need to pay?
We offer all our clients the possibility to pay after the traslation has been delivered, within 5 days. That's because we firmly believe that trust should always be mutual.
Nevertheless, if you prefer to pay in advance, you can do it by clicking the "Pay now" button after confirming your order.
For our most recurring customers, we also offer a monthly billing option, as well as a 30 to 60 days payment policy. If you are interested in this opportunity, feel free to contact us.
Please note that we may ask new clients to provide a 20% to 100% advance payment for their first order, only when this is above USD 250 (for individuals) or above USD 2,000 (for business clients). Any following order will be subject to the Pay After Delivery model.
How do I pay?
When you receive your translation, you will also receive an electronic invoice with payment details and instructions.
We accept the following payment methods:
- Credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, Discover, and Diners Club.
- Bank transfer
Should you need any assistance for processing the payment, please contact us at email@example.com
What guarantees do you give?
- Experience: we have 20 years of experience as language service providers.
- Quality: we work exclusively with qualified native translators, and we support them with advanced quality assurance processes. And that’s not all: we provide a free comprehensive translation review if you happen to be unsatisfied.
- Delivery: We offer the best performance levels in the industry, with an optimized workflow that guarantees over 95% of deliveries on time. Plus, in the unlikely event we miss a deadline, we will refund the translation up to its full cost.
- Pay After Delivery: we genuinely trust our clients, which is why we have created the Pay After Delivery model. With Pay After Delivery, you can pay within five days of the translation’s delivery via credit card, bank transfer or Paypal.
- Privacy: we make every effort to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information. Information relating to the translation itself, the nature of the translation, and any other information the customer transmits to Translated will be treated with complete confidentiality.
- ISO certified: our services are certified to the ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 17100:2015 standards.
What is localization?
Localization (sometimes known as L10n) is the process of modifying a product (a software program, website, or document) for an audience in a different country, culture, or region of the world. Localization is more complex than translation because it involves cultural adaptation and requires in-depth knowledge of the local culture.